Sunday, November 21, 2010

minus minus temperatures

It is now below zero! Even the wolves do not howl! All I can do is tie flies. I start with the best names. I like 'Woolly Buggers' best. As it says it is fuzzy and has peculiar sexual habits. What more could one ask for. One trawls it. Not through gay bars, but through deep water after big victims. It will take both salmon and trout, but who knows? I have never caught a salmon on it.

My next favorite is called 'Tequila Sunrise'. It reminds me of one morning when I woke up in El Paso with a gringo in my mouth and had to spit 10 times before I could release the bugger. The fly is gaudy and sort of pink like a dance hall lass. Like a dance hall gal it does catch. Its victims do wriggle. Not on a bed but up and down and down deep. so endeth the first lesson. Fasten your fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment